- April 13, 2022
Sarah Zagorski (above), the New Orleans director of Louisiana Right to Life, attended Moody Bible Institute (below), graduating with degrees in Communications and Biblical Studies in 2012.
by Jeff Smith
The drive to my office on Moody Bible Institute’s Chicago campus takes me past a Planned Parenthood clinic three blocks north of Moody. Without fail, I'm saddened every single time I see that facility.
In America, roughly one million babies are killed by abortion each year—about 64 million infants since the US Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision legalized abortion in 1973. This doesn’t even account for the millions of unborn babies who died through abortion-inducing drugs. The lives of God’s most precious creations are tragically terminated nearly every day inside this so-called medical center.
Whenever I encounter this clinic, the Holy Spirit prompts me to pray:
- for the pregnant women who enter that building, that God would persuade them to choose life and that they would be directed to the people and support they need to bring their child safely and lovingly into our world
- for their unborn infants, that God would use whatever means He chooses to protect them from being aborted
- for the women who consider visiting Planned Parenthood, that God would intervene to steer them to a pro-life alternative that would care for and support them unconditionally
- for the employees at the clinic, that God would work on their hearts and open their eyes so that they would see pre-born babies and their mothers through His loving perspective
- for the clinic itself, that it would go out of business as soon as possible
Sarah Zagorski knows the grim reality of abortion more intimately than perhaps anyone else in our country. Sarah’s birth mother went to an abortion clinic to have her aborted, but Sarah miraculously survived the clinic’s attempted abortion. She was eventually placed in foster care, was adopted, and met Jesus Christ through her adoptive family.
Then, when she was in high school Sarah heard about Moody Bible Institute. She was instantly smitten, applying and being accepted in 2008. “I didn’t even want to apply anywhere else. I said, ‘This is where I’m going. I know it for sure. God called me to be there!’” Sarah recalled.
Moody is where Sarah developed a passion for pro-life causes. “I knew I cared deeply about the ‘life’ issue,” Sarah said. “I took speech and debate because I really wanted to become a speaker, and that was something I was passionate about.”
Sarah graduated in 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in Communications and Biblical Studies. Moody launched her into a career as an advocate for life, adoption, and foster care. She served as the director of Colorado Citizens for Life, as a staff writer for LifeNews.com, and as a lobbyist for pro-life legislation with Colorado Family Action, a policy partner of Focus on the Family. Today Sarah is the New Orleans director of Louisiana Right to Life.
“I loved Moody, and I miss it,” Sarah said. “I learned such practical ways to minister to people where they are, which is something that I had never experienced before.”
This is just the abbreviated version of Sarah’s incredible life story. Click here to read Nancy Huffine’s complete story about Sarah that is also featured in the spring 2022 issue of Moody Alumni & Friends magazine.