GET ADDITIONAL GRADUATE TRAINING FOR COUNSELING COUPLES AND FAMILIES
We are excited to offer this concentration for the MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Moody Theological Seminary. This certificate program is designed for professionals with a master’s degree in mental health who want to further develop their skills in counseling couples and families. This certificate is designed to serve those pursuing advanced training in couples and family counseling and may meet educational requirements for additional state licensure.
During the program, you’ll learn to apply clinical training and biblical insight to the counseling field and get equipped to be a servant leader who can help transform your community and integrate faith into your work. Learn from professors with years of experience who will invest in your life and partner with you.
- Children and Adolescents in the Family: Treatment and Intervention
- Contemporary Issues in Marriage and Family Practice
- Theories of Family Development
- Marriage and Couples Counseling and Practice
- Treating Traumatized Families
Learning Venues and Program Plan
Take classes when—and how—it’s most convenient for you, with two flexible options:
- Come on campus to Chicago or Michigan, where you’ll study in a classroom setting. At the Chicago campus, you can also get practical experience in the MTS Counseling Center
- Bible and Theology courses can be taken online, on campus, or in a modular format
As you study, you’ll:
- Learn the foundation of clinical mental health counseling skills and knowledge
- Practice the key dispositions necessary to be an excellent servant leader in the field
- Integrate your faith and the practice of spiritual disciplines as you counsel others
- Study historical and contemporary trends in mental health practice to navigate diversity in the field
- Apply biblical wellness-based strategies to initiate growth and transformation
- Prepare to navigate a variety of post-graduate environments with insight, integrity, and humility
After you Graduate
You’ll graduate from this program ready to counsel with humility, compassion, and faithfulness, serving God wherever you go. You’ll be equipped to counsel in a wide variety of circumstances, with specialized expertise in ministering to families and couples. Alumni from the program are serving around the world in mental health agencies, hospitals, missions organizations, faith-based and university counseling centers, and many other places where God has led them.
A Moody seminary education is easier than ever to afford at $495 per credit hour (price subject to change per academic year). Our scholarships and payment plans help you even more by defraying the cost of tuition and spreading out your financial obligations over time. You may also qualify for a Federal Loan.
In addition to the regular MTS admission requirements, CMHC applicants are required to complete a group interview with CMHC faculty. Once you have started the online application, please email email@example.com for the available interview dates. Video conference options will be available for the interview dates. Read more about the admissions requirements here.
CMHC applicants must have their application submitted by Friday, November 20th, 2020 for the Spring 2021 semester and by Friday, July 16th, 2021 for the Fall 2021 semester.