Apply to Urban Cohorts
The purpose of the Urban Cohort is to immerse students into a specific urban neighborhood so they can live, learn and serve together under the mentoring of experienced urban ministry practitioners and on-campus faculty/staff and reflect and process the lessons learned as a whole cohort benefiting from the varied perspectives.
- Deepen and enrich the Moody educational experience
- Learn cross-cultural competency
- Build relationships cross-culturally in the normal course of living
- Learn practical skills necessary to function and serve in a cross-cultural urban context
- Personal and first-hand experience with the realities of city life
- Opportunities to apply and integrate biblical truths from the classroom with life in an urban environment
- Hands-on mentoring by experienced urban and cross-cultural ministry practitioners
- Experience ministry as a cohort
- Growth through debriefing and reflection both individually, within a cohort and a large group
- Be a junior or senior (with 60 credit hours completed) at the end of the current semester in which you are applying. (Exceptions may be made)
- Have a GPA of 2.5 at the time the application is submitted.
- Articulate an expressed interest in doing ministry in a cross cultural urban context.
- Exhibit responsible Christian character during your stay on campus (i.e, Student Development, PCM, Treasury Operations, etc.)
- Developing healthy relationships with other students, faculty, staff
- Living respectful of Moody’s expectations
- Positive engagement with the Moody community
- Showing financial responsibility (no financial holds)
- Complete the Urban Cohorts Student Application by Nov 9, 2020, for the Fall 2021 Semester.
- Respond to an invitation for the next step of the process and complete the Group and Individual Interviews (location and time TBA)
- Accept Invitation into the Urban Cohorts Program five-week orientation by December 14. *Mandatory
- Accept formation into Specific Neighborhood Cohorts by end of April 2021.
- Move into new apartment in Chicago during the first week of August, 2021. *MANDATORY
- Attend the Student Training at the beginning of August 2021 (time and location TBA). *MANDATORY