Tuition and Fees
All students are expected to become familiar with the financial obligations they will incur while attending Moody Theological Seminary and Graduate School.
Approximate semester expenses do not include books, supplies, fees, medical insurance or personal expenses.
Moody Theological Seminary and Graduate School students are required to pay their bills, in full, one week before the start date of the session or to enroll in the Moody Payment Plan.
If students are expecting institutional scholarships, outside scholarships, stipends, or loans to help cover their balance and they are not awarded by Moody’s due date, students are still responsible to make payments on time for the amount due. Enrollment in the payment plan or financial aid received after the payment due date will not negate any late fees previously applied. All balances outstanding after the pay in full due date are subject to late payment fees and past due holds unless the student is enrolled in the Payment Plan by that date and current with payments.
Methods of Payment
- Students may make payments online through my.moody.edu > Students tab > Student Center > Finances > Nelnet > Finances / Payment Plans / Refunds. Payments may be made by bank account, credit or debit card (Discover, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are accepted*). Students may also use this portal to authorize other parties to pay toward their school bill. Note that third-party payments (from someone other than the student's custodial parent) should be reported as a resource on the student's FAFSA.
- Others making payments towards a student’s bill may make payments online with a credit or debit card* at Moody’s Non-Student Payment website (Discover, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are accepted*).
- Payments by check or money order† may be sent payable to:
Moody Bible Institute
Attn: Student Accounts
820 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 6061
- International payments can be made in the student's home currency using PayMyTuition. For more information visit the Student Accounts page in the my.moody.edu student portal.
*Payments made by credit/debit card may incur a 2.75% Service fee.
†Please include student name and ID number on all checks and money orders. Allow 2-3 weeks for mail delivery.
- Tuition and Fees
- Medical Insurance
- Moody Payment Plan
Semester Program Costs
|Estimated Cost (per semester)|
|9 credit hours||$4,435|
|Application Fee (non-refundable) – Due at time of submitting application||$50|
|Tuition (per credit hour) – Credit (effective July 1, 2021)||$475|
|Student Fees (per semester, required)|
|Faculty Development fee||$50|
|Instructional Supplement fee* (per class)||$20|
|Insurance Handling fee (if insurance is required or taken)||$20|
|Other Fees as Applicable|
|Certificate or Degree extension fee||$50|
|Insurance Late Form fee||$10|
|Late payment fee, monthly||$25|
|Payment plan enrollment fee||$60|
|Returned payment from bank account or check fee||$30|
|Validation Exam fee||$100|
All prices quoted are subject to change without notice.
*INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPLEMENT FEE
This fee helps supplement the costs for labor and material for additional notes and equipment used in most classes. Among other things this means that students, for the most part, will not have additional expenses for class notes required by the professor.
All full-time status residential students (students living in Moody-owned housing) on the Chicago campus, international students on all campuses (living on-campus and off-campus), and all BSMAT students attending on-campus courses are required to be covered by Moody’s health insurance plan or an approved alternate plan for the entire time that they are enrolled as a student, including breaks between semesters. Students are responsible for full compliance with all terms and conditions of their insurance policy, for following the payment policy of the health care provider, office, clinic, or hospital from which they receive services, and any expenses not covered by their insurance (deductibles, copayments, excluded items and services, etc.) This may mean that payment is required at the time of service. All required students will be automatically enrolled in Moody Student Insurance and charged the individual plan premium unless a waiver is received every semester.
Commuter students are eligible to participate in Moody’s health insurance plan provided that one or more of the following conditions apply: Full-time status; students completing their student teaching requirements; or graduating seniors in their final semester. All international students with F-1 status, their spouses, and dependent children are required to carry health insurance when those dependents are living with the student, and may not waive Moody’s health insurance plan. Dependent coverage is only available for international students.
Listed below are the prices for Moody’s student health insurance plan for the 2021–2022 academic year. A separate $20 insurance handling fee is assessed to each student, per semester, whether Moody insurance is taken or waived.
|Policy||Fall 2021||Spring and Summer 2022|
|Additional family member
|$765 each||$1,189 each|
Please note the following:
- If both husband and wife are students, they will each be enrolled under the individual plan.
- Waivers submitted after August 1 (fall) and December 19 (spring) will be subject to a $10 late form fee. Please note that waivers submitted after this date may not be accepted and/or be able to be processed.
- Waivers submitted after this date may not be accepted and/or be able to be processed.
- Students who withdraw 31 days after August 11, 2021 (Fall) or January 1, 2022 (Spring) will not be refunded for the insurance premium.
Moody Payment Plan
The Moody Payment Plan is an interest-free alternative to a lump sum payment of the student bill. It is administered by the Student Accounts Office in Moody Central. The plan is available to all students with the exception of international students (F-1 Visa holders) attending their first semester.
This plan allows the semester total to be split into monthly payments (see table below).
Enrollment and Activation
Students are eligible to enroll in the Moody Payment Plan each semester. Enrollment requires a down payment and a non-refundable $60 enrollment fee.
Fall 2021 Payment Plan is available June 3, 2021.
|Last Day to
|Payments on the 5th|
|June 24||10%||5||July 5th – Nov 5th|
|July 27||20%||4||Aug 5th – Nov 5th|
|Aug 26||25%||3||Sept 5th – Nov 5th|
|Sept 24||40%||2||Oct 5th & Nov 5th|
|Oct 27||60%||1||Nov 5th only|
|Payments on the 20th|
|June 10||10%||6||June 20th – Nov 20th|
|July 9||10%||5||July 20th – Nov 20th|
|Aug 11||20%||4||Aug 20th – Nov 20th|
|Sept 9||25%||3||Sep 20th – Nov 20th|
|Oct 8||40%||2||Oct 20th & Nov 20th|
|Nov 10||60%||1||Nov 20th only|
NOTE: All down payments are processed immediately!
For additional information about the Moody Payment Plan, please log in to your my.moody.edu Student Center and click on "Finances/Payment Plans/Refunds" or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 329-4223.